Sunday, October 3, 2010

Grandmothers.

Urban Dictionary describes a grandmother as,  "any kindly, sweet old woman who will happily boost your self-esteem and write you letters and love you. tends to know lots of neat old songs and obscure, off-color jokes. generally much cooler and less scary than one's actual mother," In my opinion and in Urban Dictionary's opinion, this is very true. But  just because Urban Dictionary says it, doesn't mean that it is true. There are also witch-like grandmothers, that smell like a dead mouse hidden in popery, and correct you with your grammar and making you sit up straight, when mean while their back is so crooked, that they can't even correct their own posture. Luckily, my grandmothers are up there with the best. My mom's mom is still alive and hoppin' along, baking scrunchies. Doing her thang. My other grandmother is not with me right now, but he memory will never be forgotten. She used to have a whole closet devoted to candy. (I'd like to think it was just for me, but I know better now). Grandmothers are sometimes so great that they adopt other children as their grandchildren. For example, my friend's grandparents may as well be mine, because they almost treat us the same. Grandmothers (the better ones) always have the power to make you feel like everything is okay, even when they are, they just make it better. By doing small things they can make everything better. Small things include things like, making your favourite dinner, making a funny 'old lady joke', making you a tea and sandwich for lunch, and watching your grandmother's favourite soap opera together. Grandmother's can also get away with doing things, that your mom just could never get away with. This would be like putting butter in your sandwich. Your grandma will always get off the hook, but your mother would never hear the end of it. Grandmothers are so great that there is a whole group of them trying to change Africa. If I am half the people my grandmothers were/are, I know that I would be a great person.

No comments:

Post a Comment