Saturday, January 22, 2011

Three A's Of Awesome

1. Climbing into bed on a cold winter's night and finding a hot water bottle by your feet. 
There is nothing that can feel better on a cold winter's night than finding comfort in something warm, like a blanket or firing place. But when the element of surprise factors in, it makes the moment from going cold to warm even better. As someone who suffers from severely cold hands and feet its nice to feel warmth every now and again. Sure wearing socks would help, but after a while the cold can seep through the holes of my wool socks and hits the core of my feet causing that cold, achy feeling all over again. Also, my mom has known me well, even before I was born so she knows quite well what my needs are as someone who suffers from cold feet (literally). So, when I find the hot water bottle under the cover by my feet, I know it was her. This makes me appreciate the power of my mom even more, because without being there at the time that I discover source of heat, she knows that I am very thankful for what she has done.
Thanks mom.
AWESOME!

2. Going to a place, and finding yourself in awe. 
There are some moments in life when what you see is completely new and different to you. Its like you are a baby opening its eyes and seeing the world for the first time. A great example of this was when I went to England in December of 2009. It was the first time I have ever been to the Piccadilly Circus in London. As I got out of the subway and laid my eyes on the hub of people, lights, cars, and noises, my breathe was robbed by the incredible sights and sounds. I couldn't keep my eyes off of what I was seeing, and it was almost as my eyes couldn't see and take in as much as I wanted it to. Thinking back to the experience I realized how unreal the experience actually was. Being completely new to a place and sound can either be terrifying or invigorating, but I hope that you choose places that invigorate you and make you find yourself in awe when you travel.
Seeing the world is with new eyes feels AWESOME.





No comments:

Post a Comment